Time to Cook45 minutes
Time to Prepare20 minutes
Recipe developed for BC Egg by Kaelen - Brightside Eggs
This recipe was developed by young farmer Kaelen, of Brightside eggs. She recommends blending the sauteed onions with the cream, to give the quiche extra creaminess!
- 300 g cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of bacon fat or butter
- 8 oz (226 g) Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 oz (56 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- chives or green onions, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium frying pan, melt the butter or bacon fat. Add the onion and garlic, and fry until the onions are clear.
- This step is optional, but will help achieve a creamier quiche. Using an immersion blender or in a regular blender, blend the sautéed onions and garlic with the cream until it is well incorporated and there are no large chunks remaining.
- Mix the eggs, cheeses and bacon together in a large bowl. Add the onion-cream mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell. If desired, sprinkle with chives, green onions, and/or more grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centre is set. Serve warm or cold with a salad or fresh fruit. Enjoy!