Time to Cook20 minutes
Time to Prepare35 minutes
“For breakfast or dessert – these crêpes are to die for!”
Be sure to plan ahead for this recipe! While the cooking time for this dish is minimal, you do need to let your crepe batter rest for at least half an hour, and up to 24 hours.
Cheesecake Filling and Sauce
- Stir the cream cheese until smooth and pliable. Stir in the ricotta.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and icing sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Cheesecake Filling:
Fold together 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture with 2 cups of the blueberries.
- Cheesecake Sauce:
Combine the remaining cream cheese mixture with the remaining cup of blueberries.
- Refrigerate both bowls until thoroughly chilled.
- Combine blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a pot over medium/high heat.
- Cook for for approximately 3 – 4 minutes, mashing the berries slightly as they cook.
- Combine apple juice (or water) and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the boiling berry mixture and stir until thick. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in nutmeg, and set aside.
- Combine all the batter ingredients and mix until smooth – a blender or food processor works perfectly for this.
- Place the batter in a container suitable for pouring and cover.
- Allow to rest for half an hour, or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- When batter has rested, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and coat with a bit of butter.
- Stir the batter briefly. For each crêpe, pour about 2 – 3 tablespoons of batter into the centre of the hot pan. Immediately lift the pan and start rolling the batter evenly over the pan surface.
- Cook until it is set and the bottom is golden before flipping the crepe over to brown the other side.
- Remove from the pan and continue cooking all your crepes. Stack your crepes to keep them warm.
Recipe makes approximately 8 crepes.
- Place a crepe on a plate. Spoon some of the cheesecake filling onto one side of a crêpe, and roll the crepe up, to encase the filling. Serve one to three rolled crepes per person.
- Spoon some of the cheesecake sauce over the crêpes, and top with a dollop of the blueberry topping.
- Garnish with more fresh blueberries, powdered sugar, and a mint leaf if desired.