This easy to make Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake can be made ahead of time for busy mornings!
- 1 large potato
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon each: oil and ghee (or sub butter)
- 1 lb. sausage, chopped
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 12 large BC eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the potato and sweet potato into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer until soft but not falling apart. Drain and set aside to cool, preferably in your fridge. When they’re cold, peel and then grate them.
- Turn your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil and ghee in a large frying pan. Add the grated potatoes and cook, turning a few times, until there are lots of dark and crispy spots on the hash browns. Transfer them to a 9×11″ casserole dish and press to create a crust.
- Add the sausage to the same pan you used for the potatoes. Cook until it is well browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to the casserole dish.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until they are browned, about 10 mins. Add them to the casserole.
- Cook the onion until it is soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and let it wilt. Add both to the casserole and gently mix, being careful not to disturb the crust.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over the casserole and carefully mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the casserole has set in the center.