Time to Cook15 minutes
Time to Prepare10 minutes
A great brunch or breakfast idea, enjoy this Asian style egg crêpe flavoured with soy sauce and served on a toasted bagel. Make egg crêpe sandwiches in advance to take to school or work for a delicious lunch.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 medium onion slices
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts or shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 tsp sodium reduced soy sauce (divided)
- 4 whole-grain bagels, split
- Whisk eggs and pepper in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine onion, garlic, bean sprouts, and red and green peppers.
- Heat 1 tsp (5 mL) oil in 10-inch (25 cm) non-stick skillet over high heat. Add half of vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Sprinkle 1 tsp (5 mL) soy sauce over vegetables and cook for 1/2 minute longer. Reduce heat to medium.
- Pour half of egg mixture (about 1/2 cup/125 mL) over vegetables in skillet. As eggs set around edge of skillet, with spatula, gently lift cooked portions to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook until bottom and top are set.
- Remove crepe from skillet and cut in half. Fold each half and place on bottom half of bagel; cover with top half of bagel.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make two more sandwiches. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Instead of bagels, use onion buns, kaiser rolls or pita breads.
- Crepes can be made ahead and taken to work or school. Cool crepes completely. Assemble sandwiches; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. To reheat, remove plastic wrap, place one sandwich on a paper napkin and reheat in microwave oven on High (100% power) for 45 to 60 seconds.