Time to Cook10 minutes
Time to Prepare30 minutes
Enjoy these not-so-sweet treats this Halloween! Don’t fuss too much with uniformity – each Jack O’ Lantern can have it’s own unique personality.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- Paprika for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon room temperature butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet green relish
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Skin from 1 cucumber
- Carefully cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a small mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle some paprika over the cut side of the egg whites.
- To the reserved egg yolks, and the mayonnaise, butter, mustard, relish, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Mash until smooth. Spoon this mixture into a disposable sandwich bag and then cut the corner off to make a piping bag. Carefully pipe this mixture equally into the hollowed egg whites. Chill in the refrigerator during the next step.
- Using a vegetable peeler, take long strips of skin off a cucumber. Cut the dark green skin strips into many small triangles to decorate as the eyes and noses. Use a small round cookie cutter (a fluted edge one works best) to make semi-circle shapes to decorate as mouths. Decorate the filling in the egg whites with the cucumber skin eyes, noses, and mouths (the pointed tip of a small knife will be helpful in carefully placing the face decorations, or a sanitized pair of tweezers).
- Arrange on a platter and serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
Looking for tips on getting a perfectly cooked hard boiled egg? Check out our Cooking Eggs 101 page!