Time to Cook20 minutes
Time to Prepare10 minutes
Dress up your ramen with eggs!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons grated garlic
- 16 oz. sliced mushrooms (cremini and shitake work well)
- 4 cups broth (I used Campbell’s pork ramen broth)
- 6 cups of water
- 3 cups of slivered napa cabbage
- 2 packages of ramen noodles
- 5 eggs
- Heat a large pot over medium-low heat. Add sesame oil and vegetable oil, then garlic and ginger; stir fry until lightly golden. Be careful not to burn the garlic!
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until golden.
- Add the broth and the water to the pot. Bring to a boil. Add the Napa cabbage. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 10 minutes or until everything has softened.
- While the veggies are simmering, cook eggs as you like them. Fried or soft boiled work wonderfully for this. (Need some egg cooking tips? See the notes below!) Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Add the instant noodles to the broth mixture and cook the noodles according to the package directions (roughly 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, ladle cooked noodles, veggies and broth into soup bowls. Top with eggs and enjoy!
For tips on perfectly cooking your eggs, visit our Cooking Eggs 101 page. You’ll find tips and videos on how to fry, hard-cook and soft-cook your eggs!