Time to Cook55 minutes
Time to Prepare10 minutes
This lovely loaf is part of our #RecipesThatGive series. The dry ingredients can be layered in a mason jar, and given as a gift! And what better gift than one that saves time and results in homemade deliciousness! We hope you enjoy.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) seedless raisins
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) clove
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) rum extract or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) peeled and chopped pear
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, oil, milk and vanilla or rum extract.
- Whisk in dry ingredients until smooth. Then, fold in the chopped pear.
- Add the batter to a standard sized 8 x 4 inch (20 x 10 cm) loaf pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick spray or greased with butter. As an optional garnish, you can sprinkle the top of the batter with an additional 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a cake tester or skewer can be inserted and removed from the middle without appearing “wet” with batter. Leave to rest for 10 minutes. Unmould and allow to cool before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Eggs.ca.