Time to Cook3 minutes
Time to Prepare10 minutes
Sunday breakfast gets a Mexican twist with refried beans and everyone’s favourite fixings.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tostadas
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- Set large non-stick skillet over medium heat; grease well with non-stick cooking spray. Crack eggs into skillet. Cook for 3 minutes for sunny-side up or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler to high. Arrange tostadas on parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread refried beans over tostadas and sprinkle with cheese. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slide each egg onto tostada. Top with salsa, sour cream, avocado, cilantro and green onion. Serve immediately.
Tip: Add pickled jalapeño or serve with hot sauce to add some kick to this dish.