Time to Cook35 minutes
Time to Prepare15 minutes
For an extra easy morning, put the casserole together the night before, wrap tightly and refrigerate overnight. Then, pop it in the oven in the morning and enjoy!
- 4 slices bread, crusts trimmed, cut into quarters
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk (1%)
- 4 slices of turkey bacon (or regular bacon), cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded light Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spray 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange bread slices in pan, overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle bacon, 1/4 cup (50 mL) cheese, and mushrooms over bread slices.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Pour mixture over bread slices and toppings. Sprinkle potatoes and remaining cheese over entire dish.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until lightly browned and knife inserted near centre comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Eggs.ca.