Time to Cook10 minutes
Time to Prepare15 minutes
Cloud Eggs are the new Instagram food trend! Try our version of the recipe for an Instagram-worthy brunch your guests will love.
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Separate eggs, placing egg whites into a large bowl and each yolk into a separate ramekin or small bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold in cheese, bacon and chives. Spoon into 4 mounds on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Make a deep well in the centre of each mound.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and set. Place an egg yolk in each well. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until yolks are cooked to desired doneness.
- Bake cloud eggs on a slice of bread, halved English muffin or bagel if desired.
- Use cloud eggs instead of a fried or poached egg to top a classic hash, or on your avocado toast.
- Eggs are easier to separate when they are cold.
Thanks to Eggs.ca for providing this recipe.