A handheld breakfast is the best when you are on the run or just want to use fewer dishes. These foldovers have ham, eggs and cheese tucked neatly inside a tortilla, which kids can eat with their hands and dip in salsa or ketchup. Feel free to customize these however you want with different kinds of cheese, swap the ham for bacon or cooked and crumbled sausage, try some veggies, and more. It’s all about your imagination! For breakfast or a snack they are a fast and filling option.
- 1 ten inch flour tortilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- sliced deli ham
- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp minced green onion
1. In a medium sized nonstick pan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Crack the eggs into a small bowl, whisk them, and then pour the eggs into the pan. With the heat turned to low, stir the eggs with a spatula while they cook. You want to move the eggs around while curds form and the raw egg flows underneath. When the eggs are cooked, remove them from the pan to a plate and wipe the pan clean with paper towel.
2. Lay the tortilla on the counter in front of you. Top one half of it with sliced ham, then eggs, cheese, and a bit of minced green onion.
3. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling. In a medium sized non stick pan, melt a little butter over medium heat and place your folded tortilla in the pan. Cook until golden and then flip over to cook the other side.
4. Remove the foldover to a plate and cut into triangles. Serve with salsa or ketchup for dipping!