BC has had a lot on its plate this year – from COVID to fires to floods – and that all takes a toll. If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed, you’re not alone. We can all use a little help to cope with these challenging times, and there are supports you can access. Here’s a collection of Mental Health Supports available in BC.
Canadian Mental Health Association BC
- Info about mental health and links for resources
Fraser Health Mental Health Centre – click here
- Located in Abbotsford and supporting adults with mental health or substance abuse issues.
- Information on how to choose the right professional, links for resources, directory of practitioners by community.
- Includes videos, informational resources, a self check-in dashboard, and clinical counsellors in Lower Mainland, Kamloops, and Salmon Arm.
Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries List of Supports – click here
- A list of crisis lines, support lines and additional resources focused on (but not limited to) those working in Agriculture.
Health Emergency Management BC – Provincial Health Services Authority – Telephone Support – click here
- This is a temporary phone support available to those affected by evacuation and the natural disasters in BC.
Avail App with AgSafe BC – click here
- AgSafe has partnered with the Avail App to provide mental health resources sourced for the BC Agriculture community. Details on how to access this app available on the AgSafe webpage.